Terms and Conditions
- The Photo Freedom Photography Competition 2018 is open to photographers who reside in South Africa. 30 finalists will be selected from the categories 10 per category.
- Entries open on 1st August till the 30th September 2018, and will close on 30th September at midnight. Late entries will not be taken into consideration.
- The theme for the competition “HOMEGROWN PRIDE” and only photographs matching the theme will be accepted for consideration and judging.
- The image submitted must be your own work.
- Your image needs to be shot on a cell phone, digital compact camera or DSLR up until a Canon 800D camera or equivalent.
- Limited to 5 entries per person, per category. The photo must have been taken in the year 2018.
- Photographs must be sent via email to [email protected]
- The email subject line must state what category you are entering: Cell Phone, Compact or DSLR
- Include your name, surname and contact details.
- Please make sure entries are 3mb or smaller.
- From all the entries submitted our panel will select 30 images.
- These 30 finalists must then send us high resolution versions of their images, which will then be printed and exhibited.
- The 30 finalists will be announced on the 5th October 2018 and the 3 winners will be announced on the 18th October 2018.
- The prizes are as follows:
- Cell phone category – CANON G7X MKII camera.
- Compact digital camera category – CANON EOS M5 body with an EFM 15-45MM lens.
- DSLR category – CANON EOS 80D body with an EFS 18-135MM IS USM lens.
- Winners shall use the prize at their own risk. Canon South Africa and its agents shall not be held liable for any loss, damage, personal injury or death that is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using this prize.
- Any expense/s which may result from the possession of and/or use of the prize/s is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The Organizers accept no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or any late, lost or corrupted entries. Photo Freedom and their agents are not liable for any costs incurred, responses received or any consequences of user error.
- The Organizer and its agents shall not be liable for any damage caused to prizes as a result of delivery or dispatch, nor shall they be responsible for any malfunctions or breakages of any prize, once delivery has been taken thereof. Photo Freedom shall further not be held responsible for any accident, injury, harm or loss due to the acceptance, possession, ownership or use of the prize without limitation and an indemnified from any claims that may arise from any participants or winners of this competition or their replacements.
- By entering the competition, you agree to allow Photo Freedom and Canon to make use of your images for marketing purposes. Winners may be required to have their details and winning photograph used for marketing purposes as deemed appropriate by Photo Freedom.
- The competition is open to all South African citizens who reside in South Africa except directors, members, partners, employees, agents, service providers and consultants of Photo Freedom as well as their spouses, life partners, immediate family members, business partners and associates (hereinafter referred to as “The Organizers”).
- By entering the competition, you accept these terms and conditions.
- Should any of the winners be found not to have complied with these rules, he/she may be automatically disqualified.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Photo Freedom and its agents will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the competition or prizes awarded. The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- Photo freedom and its agents reserve the right to cancel, modify or amend the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances out of their control should arise.
The winner will be contacted by email or telephonically. Three attempts will be undertaken to contact the winner, if these attempts are unsuccessful we will be compelled to pick a new winner. The subsequent winner will then fall into the same above criteria for the contact.
At the end of the competition all of the organisers’ obligations with regard to the competition as well as with regard to the prize will cease to exist.
The winner agrees to supply a valid identification document (SA ID or passport), proof of address, congratulatory post, and any other validation procedure determined by the Organisers, in order to claim the prize.