This is why we strongly recommend the use of outdoor detectors. Outdoor detectors, when connected to your alarm system, are an excellent early warning device. They alert you (if you’re home), your security company (us) and the would be burgler that you’re on to them… and that we’re on the way. With the element of surprise taken out of the equation, and a lot of attention being drawn to them from the blaring sirens, these burglers feel the pressure and on many occassions will cancel their plans, or will rush them, limiting what they can get away with. Their fear of being caught outstripping their desire for your flat screen TV.
Some options to consider:
Point to point detectors
- Range is from 10 to 100 meters
- As the name suggests they work in pairs. i.e. When something/someone breaks the signal connection by walking between the two detectors, the alarm is triggered.
- These detectors are generally affixed to areas where access would be likely.
- They can be mounted on walls, poles or brackets.
- These are active detectors that work with a clear line of sight.
- Options include: Butterfly, 180-degree and 90-degree angles. With a range of about 12 meters, these work best when affixed to the outer walls of your house.
- They are designed to pick up movement.
- Detectors can pick up movement from the ground up depending on where they are situated and which detectors you use.
Of course, detectors can’t simply be put up, as they have to be right for the area and application, in order to work to their full efficiency. If you would like to find out more, or would like a free assessment of your property’s weak spots with some suggested solutions, please contact our Marshall Security technical team by calling our In Case of Anything number on 086 162 7732, emailing [email protected] or visiting our website at www.marshallsecurity.co.za where you can leave us your details, and we’ll call you back. Boom! Done.