While so much is known about the on-field exploits of this franchise and its players, there are interesting facts and details which the fans might not know!
- Sahara Stadium, Kingsmead, which is the home of the Holywoodbets Dolphins, staged its first Test match in 1923.
- The Hollywoodbets Dolphins team has a healthy mixture of players ranging from those in their early twenties to the more seasoned professionals in their late thirties.
- Mthokozisi Shezi is not just a cricket player but he is also pursuing a career in Human Resources by studying for a BCom Human Resources degree and has his eyes set on studying Project Management in 2017. Shezi is also a born again Christian.
- Morne Van Wyk has been playing cricket for the past 20 years and is hoping to play for the next four years. He feels cricket is in his blood and he is looking forward to sharing his wealth of experience with upcoming players when he retires.
- Current Hollywoodbets Dolphins coach is 45-year-old Grant Morgan who started his cricket coaching career at the tender age of 21. Morgan spent his early days coaching in townships and at universities. His hobbies include golf and horse racing.
- Great friendships have been made at the Dolphins with Mthokozisi Shezi and Khaya Zondo enjoying a solid friendship for over 10 years.
- Cody Chetty plays cricket overseas during the South African off season. He has been doing this for the past 3 years. Cody is also good friends with Rabian Engelbrecht.
- The Hollywoodbets Dolphins franchise runs very active community service initiatives and players take time to visit townships to inspire children. As part of this initiative, on the 11th of December 2016, Hollywoodbets hosted the players and coach of KwaMwakhutha cricket club with a cash donation of R7000 being made to this team.