Home Affairs reminds travellers about regulations

HOME Affairs Director General Mkhuseli Apleni has reminded tourists and travellers of the recent regulations that they have to comply with when visiting the country. Last year in April, the Department of Home Affairs introduced the Biometric system which captures travellers’ fingerprints at South Africa’s international airports. Apleni said this helps to identify the person especially when a crime has been committed.

Currently, the system is being used at OR Tambo International Airport and is expected to be rolled out at other major airports.

He also emphasised the importance of having children’s details when travelling outside the country.

In June 2015, stricter requirements were put in place for children under the age of 18 and travelling to or from South Africa, whether they are citizens or from abroad.

“A Parental Consent Affidavit must accompany an Unabridged Birth Certificate or Equivalent Document when any parent is not travelling with his or her child.

“Parents travelling with their children are required to apply at any Home Affairs office for a fee of R75. They need to take their Identity Documents and the child’s abridged birth certificate. South Africans abroad can apply at their closest embassy,” she said.

find your
dream home

looking for an

List your Property

It's easy in only three
simple steps...

find professional
services in
your area

Locate a business
operating in
your area

List your Business

Want more customers? They're online right now, searching for businesses like yours. Place your ad now...

Latest News


highwaymail  bereamail getit Autodealer.co.za
Next Story x
President Zuma urges land claimants to opt for land

Thanx for your referral. We have no doubt your friends will love our newsletter as much as you!

Don't forget to verify your email.

to our free NEWSLETTER
SUBSCRIBE to our FREE newsletter.

SELECT your titles:

Berea Mail
Highway Mail
Northglen News

Your details:

Your friends:

I didn't sign up for this
I'd like to see and read more... (Please indicate in comments section below)
I'm relocating (Please indicate where to)