update


City responds to bus blockade

PHOTO: Submitted.

THE eThekwini Municipality has released a press statement about today’s bus blockade on several major roads around the City.

Around 10am on Friday, reports on social media started surfacing of municipal buses being left abandoned on highways and at intersections of busy routes in and around Durban. The Ruth First Highway and M4 South, Broadway in Durban North, the N3 at Spaghetti Junction, Spine Road Bridge going to the Pavilion, and  Umgeni Road – Connaught bridge were block. City buses had been left empty by drivers.

The City said that it is working with Transnat, the municipal bus operator, to remove the obstructing buses that have caused major traffic congestion around Durban. The municipality said, “The buses were parked by bus drivers this morning after leaving the depot and the reason for this is suspected to be linked to the national mass action taking place today.”

The statement went on to say that officials are also working to identify the culprits.

 

Like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter to keep up-to-date with local news or follow us on WhatsApp on 060 532 5532.

find your
dream home

looking for an
affordable
apartment

List your Property

It's easy in only three
simple steps...

find professional
services in
your area

Locate a business
operating in
your area

List your Business

Want more customers? They're online right now, searching for businesses like yours. Place your ad now...

Latest News

COMMENTS

highwaymail  bereamail getitlooklocal.co.zaAutodealer.co.za
Top
Recommended Story
ANC Youth League will also march on Friday